If you are contemplating getting a new lawn, you might ask yourself what is the difference between seeding and sodding and which is better for your lawn. There are pros and cons to both, and have the potential to produce the beautiful lawn of your dreams. Caring for your new lawn is imperative to ensure successful grass establishment. The most hassle-free watering option is a sprinkler irrigation system. At Water Solutions Sprinkler Service, we want you to have the very best information when it comes to caring for and watering your new lawn.
If you’re thinking about a glorious new lawn, your options are sodding or seeding. Sodding your lawn - transplanting mature grass from where it was grown to a new lawn that needs grass. Seeding is when you place grass seed on a bare yard and care for it until it matures into a fully grown lawn. The most important difference between seeding and sodding is time. Read below about the pros and cons of sodding and seeding, so you can choose the best options for you!
- The root system is stronger to start
- Cheapest option
- You have a variety of grass to choose from
- For best results, you need to constantly water your seeding
- It takes time for seeding to establish root, and doesn’t initially look as nice
- Typically, seeding can only happen from late summer and early fall
- This type of grass can be installed any time (during the growing season)
- Sodd is the best option for sloped areas of your lawn
- The grass can begin to take root quickly and is generally weed free
Depending on what type of grass you choose, you will need to consult an expert to assist with soil preparation and upkeep. This can be overlooked as an important part of the process. Good site preparation will simplify your home lawn care
- This is the most expensive options
- You don’t have as many grass options like with seeding
for years to come and ensure healthier turf, without the headache of having to re-sod again and again. Typically a good soil to use is a mix of sand, silt and clay. Other soils can need more care, but can also be a good support for your new lawn. Here in Colorado, you will most likely be dealing with our usual red clay soil. Upkeep is extremely important as well. New lawns need time, care and water! Making sure your new lawn has the proper irrigation system is one of the most important steps.
We are happy to educate you on the differences between sod and seed and the best sprinkler systems to keep your lawn thriving afterwards. At Water Solutions Sprinkler Service
, we can help you decide on the best options for your landscape, time, and budget. We know that in order to succeed at what we do, we have to keep our customers happy, therefore our first priority is you. Contact us today at 720-435-1495 to get more information about the best sprinkler irrigation system for your home or business.